As a result of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) adopting the Globally Harmonized System (GHS) provisions, Euclid Chemical label designs and SDS content are being updated to meet the June 1, 2015 government-imposed deadline. These requirements are for the United States and Canada.
The most noticeable changes are as follows:
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs) will now be called Safety Data Sheets (SDSs)
- A 16-section format SDS will be required with each section containing specific information. (Euclid has used a 16-section format for many years now)
- Labels will include GHS pictograms and standard verbiage for hazard and precautionary statements in addition to the product identification ,manufacturer information and signal word
- Package rebranding will match the new corporate design and logo
- A QR code linked to the product Technical Data Sheet will provides instructions for use
For more details on GHS and what steps Euclid Chemical is taking, download the GHS & Packaging FAQ document.